ARBORIST TEAM LEADER
An opportunity has arisen to join our exciting and dynamic team as an Arborist Team Leader, based in Nottingham
£22,000 - £26,000 DoE
Assist Eurotree are an Arboriculture Approved Contractor with over 30 years’ experience in the Arb sector. We pride ourselves on being an industry leader and are passionate about providing opportunities within the sector for enthusiastic, hard-working individuals.
As a result of securing a number of large Arb contracts, we are looking for enthusiastic, experienced and reliable Arborists to join our professional, dynamic and growing team to help the department grow and thrive while delivering to a high standard. Assist seek highly motivated, ambitious and driven individuals who are able to deliver great results and fit into the ‘We are Assist’ culture and become a valuable asset in the Arb team.
The primary function of this post is to line manage and work with a team of Arborists ensuring the effective delivery of arboriculture work programmes to timescale and budget in line with Health and Safety requirements, throughout the operational area.
· To support the Arb Manager in the development of new contract works and, where required, liaise with clients and partners in line with company objectives
· To support the Arb Manager in liaising with contract clients and other members of Assist Euro Tree Service Ltd staff to ensure an integrated and professional approach to contract delivery throughout the operational area
· To effectively line manage and work with a team of Arborists to ensure all contract works are undertaken and delivered to timescale and budget whilst delivering to a high standard in line with client requirements and work schedules/job sheets as directed by the Arb Manager, throughout the operational area, and ensuring that job sheets are returned to the office in line with timescales required
· To drive company vehicles as and when required, maintaining a valid driving license to fulfill this function.
· To liaise directly with clients explaining processes to be undertaken and discussing any direct site requirements
· To support the Arb Manager in purchasing all necessary materials required to deliver contract works to agreed budget constraints
· To implement safe systems of work at all times in line with Health and Safety legislation, ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are undertaken and safe working environments are in place prior to the commencement of each new contract/job.
· To ensure Risk Assessments and Method Statements are logged in the Health and Safety file and approved by the H&S Department.
· To ensure compliance with environmental protection legislation at all times to include COSHH ensuring that COSHH paperwork is completed for all spraying works and returned to the office
· To ensure that all tools and equipment are used, maintained and stored securely in a safe and responsible manner and checked weekly in line with Health and Safety requirements, reporting any damage immediately to the Arb Manager, taking responsibility to repair damage where possible
· To ensure staff load vehicles and prepare equipment necessary for undertaking works on a daily basis in line contract requirements
· To ensure staff take responsibility for personal climbing equipment ensuring that LOLER check forms are completed and sent to the Arb Manager on a weekly basis
· To ensure staff undertake daily checks on PPE ensuring that it is safe and complies with Health and Safety legislation reporting any damage to the line manager immediately and that monthly PPE check forms are completed and provided to the Arb Manager
· To ensure staff undertakes and complete daily checks on all powered equipment to include vehicles, chippers, and chainsaws ensuring that they are safe and comply with Health and Safety legislation and that they are maintained in safe working order and that paperwork is provided weekly to the Arb Manager.
· To check the First Aid box and personal first aid kits monthly, ensuring that 6 monthly checks are undertaken and recorded formally. Ensure that first kits are present on work sites at all times, replenishing any used items
· To take responsibility for ensuring that Accidents, incidents and near misses are reported immediately to the office with the necessary paperwork completed as soon as possible.
· To take an initial role supported by the Arb Manager in implementing disciplinary and grievance procedures with staff
Minimum of 4 years experience
All relevant NPTC Qualifications
Pay rates are £22,000 - £26,000 depending on experience.